The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) celebrates June 5 every year as World Environment Day. It is partly used to spread environmental awareness and partly to rejoice on the achievements made round the year in the area of preserving our ecosystem.
At ITAZ, this World Environment Day we are focusing on the Hazards of Paper and how reducing usage of paper in your households and your daily office use could make a big impact on the Environment.
Here are some startling facts that got us alarmed :
– Our planet is still losing at least 16.2 million hectares of forests through logging and land clearing
– The Paper Industry is also the fourth largest emitter of green house gases in the manufacturing sector
– Approx 324 Liters of water is used to create 1 kg of paper
– Paper still represents one of the biggest components of solid waste landfills
– 40% of wood harvest is converted into paper products
– 115 Billion sheets of paper are used annually for personal computers
– It is estimated that 80% of business information is still stored
– If Offices in the USA Just Reduced Virgin Fiber Copy paper use by 10%, it would mean…
a) 22.8 million trees saved
b) Reduced green house gases
c) Over 60,000 trucks full of solid waste kept out of landfills
This World Environment Day you can make a determined effort to change for better the way you work. The Statistics above show you what damage paper is currently causing and your firm can stand out as a progressive one, sending out positive signals to your existing as well as potential customers . Globodox is an important tool that lets you do so.
At ITAZ Technologies we are committed to providing you with electronic document management solutions that will help you reduce your paper consumption and play an important role in preserving ecological balance. To celebrate the occasion of World Environment Day, we bring you a Special flat 20% Discount on Globodox licenses from June 5 2013 to June 15 2013.
To Know more about this offer Click Hre