The release of Globodox 9.5 affects users in some important ways. The effect varies, depending on whether you are an existing Globodox customer using version 18.104.22.168 and above or are still evaluating the software. Let’s look at these implications…
“I’m still evaluating Globodox”
If you’re evaluating Globodox and have not yet purchased licenses, then you can continue with your Free Trial as usual. When you purchase Globodox licenses, you will have to download and install the update setup for Version 9.5 and apply the registration key that we send you. In the meantime, if you want to test-use the new version, you can update your setup. (Please refer to the note at the end of this post, before you proceed.)
“I am already a Globodox customer”
In that case please read through this carefully…
Why should I upgrade to Globodox version 9.5 ?
Globodox 9.5 has improved performance, memory management and stability that make it an even more efficient tool to manage your documents.
Will upgrading to version 9.5 erase my existing data?
No – it won’t! When you upgrade to version 9.5, you will need to download the update setup, install it and run it. The update setup will upgrade your Globodox DB but it will not touch your data. This means you do not lose your data. As always it is a good practice to backup your Globodox DBs before any Globodox upgrade. Remember to backup the Main DB as well as all the Data DBs.
How do I go about upgrading to version 9.5 ?
What are the steps to update my Globodox installation?
Below are the 6 easy steps to update to Version 9.5 :
1. Take a backup of all your DBs before upgrading to the latest version.
2. Make sure that Globodox is not running on any of the machines when running the update setup.
3. Start upgrading Globodox on the machine on which it is installed in the Server mode.
4. Once the update setup is installed on the server machine, make sure that you start Globodox once.
5. The first time you login after installing the update setup, you will need to login as the ‘superadmin’ user and open each DB with this user so that all the DBs get upgraded to the latest version.
6. Once you have done this, you will need to install the update on all the Client machines individually.
That’s it! Once you have carried out the steps above, you are ready to use Globodox 9.5 to manage your documents even more effectively than before.
What if I choose not to upgrade to Globodox 9.5?
You can still carry on using Globodox as usual, but, in case you faced an issue requiring support from our side, one of the first things we would ask you to do would be to upgrade your version to the latest one. Often, that by itself is sufficient to resolve the issue. So it is always beneficial to keep your Globodox updated to the latest version.
My Maintenance Subscription ended on (or before) 16th October 2014. I want to upgrade to Globodox 9.5. How can I do so?
Note for both – existing customers as well as users evaluating Globodox:
Note for existing customers: