Do Document Management Solutions Help Share Documents Securely?
Did you know?
115 billion sheets of paper are used annually for personal computers. (Source: Worldwatch Institute) Many of them are printouts.
Are you sure every printed document that is shared lands up in the right hands?
Most of the documents that are created need to be reviewed and approved by someone (or sometimes by a team of reviewers). How do you share documents with reviewers? Do you email the documents or print them out and pass them on for review? These methods may not be secure ways to share documents! Emailing documents means there are multiple copies of the document (one in each reviewer’s inbox plus wherever they save the document). A printed document could easily make its way into the wrong hands. So what is the solution? How do you share documents securely with your team?
Using document management solutions like GLOBODOX, you can share documents securely with your team. GLOBODOX allows you to assign role-based privileges to other users. So it allows you to grant access to the document to only those users who need to review your document. Each document can be stored in an encrypted form and decrypted only when someone with the right permissions wants to view/edit the document. Not only this, using automated workflows, you can route documents for review, approval, signing to other users, etc. This makes the process foolproof and keeps the document secure all the time.
What is GLOBODOX?
GLOBODOX is a document management solution that lets you securely share documents and collaborate on them with one or more users.
How GLOBODOX enables secure document sharing
- To collaborate on a document, users to whom you grant access can check out a document for review (and editing, if allowed) and check it back in as a draft document until it is ready to be published. To collaborate on a document, users to whom you grant access can check out a document for review (and editing, if allowed) and check it back in as a draft document until it is ready to be published.
- To route a document as part of a workflow, you need to grant appropriate privileges to each user who will perform the respective workflow related actions.
Document management solutions like GLOBODOX offer a range of security features that make document sharing safe. Among these are:
- Share/restrict access to each user individually on a per-document basis.
- Provision for special (task-based) access privileges – these override normal privileges; e.g. if you have not allowed Jim access to a particular type of document but you want him to just check one specific document, you can grant him access to that document until the review is done. Then the access is automatically withdrawn.
- Access also based on hierarchical user groups – all members of a group can view their own documents as well as those owned by their subgroups downwards, but not of users in groups above them.
- Document encryption: Documents can also be encrypted to make sharing them secure.
- Keep an audit trail of specific actions performed. This way, you can track which action was performed in GLOBODOX by which user and when.